How the Community Can Help
As our nation responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, local support is vital. With this in mind, AsanteForward, the campaign to transform health care in our region, will pivot its focus to having immediate impact on seen and unforeseen needs of our community.
Asante is doing everything they can to care for us. Providers and hospital employees are working around the clock. But, the situation is putting strain on all of us, including our health system.
Philanthropic support can increase our capacity and assist those in need.
The AsanteForward COVID-19 Compassion Fund will accept donations to meet the most urgent needs related to Asante’s COVID-19 preparedness, response, and employee support. This fund gives Asante leadership flexibility to meet the highest priority needs, such as:
- Childcare and eldercare to care for employees’ loved ones, while they care for ours
- Lodging for providers who can’t go home without potentially exposing their loved ones to illness
- Medical equipment and supplies, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), ventilators and tents
- Training and other professional resources to support the direct care of COVID-19 patients
Donate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Like all hospitals during this time of COVID-19, Asante Health System is facing a shortage of medical supplies including personal protective equipment (PPE).
We are making every effort to meet this need and you can help. We are asking the community for donations of the following:
- N95 masks, both new and used
- Handmade masks (Masks should include several layers of fabric, elastic ear loops and fit close to the face covering both the nose and mouth, and extend under the chin. It is preferred to have a mechanism to secure over the bridge of the nose.). Here is a recommended pattern.
- Isolation gowns (disposable or reusable)
- Medford (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.): Asante Foundation located at 229 N. Bartlett Street
- Grants Pass (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.): The Family House located at 407 SW Ramsey Ave.
- Ashland (7 a.m. to 6 p.m.): Lithia Motors Pavilion, Southern Oregon University campus, 1465 Webster Street
Please contact us at any time if you have questions at (541) 789-5025 or email@example.com.
“Make big plans. Aim high in hope and work. Think big.”
—Daniel Burnham, Chicago architect (1846-1912)