Asante Cancer Care
More than 2,000 new cases of cancer are diagnosed each year in Southern Oregon, a figure that continues to grow, along with the population.
Asante will transform the state of cancer care with the new Heimann Cancer Center, soon to be the most advanced home for cancer treatment in the region, and through expanding Spears Cancer Center in Grants Pass.
In the Heimann Cancer Center, patients will have all of their necessary services and treatments under one roof:
- Infusion services area to deliver chemotherapy and specialized treatments with exceptional comfort and expansive views
- Radiation oncology with top-of-the-line technology to deliver the most precise radiation
- Exam rooms and physician offices organized for enhanced communication among providers, patients and caregivers
- Offices for visiting specialists and sophisticated video conferencing capabilities to facilitate care coordination between all providers on the care team
- Onsite PET/CT services to increase cancer diagnosis and tumor staging capabilities
- State-of-the-art meeting space for tumor board collaboration, conferences and after-hours public use including support groups and informative classes
Curious about children’s cancer care? Asante has the only pediatric oncologist between the Bay Area and Portland. A new women’s and children’s hospital will house an outpatient infusion unit within the new medical pavilion on the Asante Rogue Regional campus. Read more about the women’s and children’s hospital initiative here.
How you can help:
Our goal is to raise at least $10 million to enhance Asante cancer services and facilities. In order to meet that goal, we are depending on the generosity of donors like you.
A Cancer Care Story
Suzanne feels profound gratitude to the medical teams at Asante, who care for people with cancer from across its nine-county region.